Hey folks, we’re backing with another mystery photo. Whoever correctly guesses the locale first will win one of VIVA’s e-guidebooks!
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, May 27. Good luck!
This week, we’re giving out one free VIVA eBook to the first person who can identify the city where this photo was taken:
Send your answer in to email@example.com by 9 am on Wednesday, April 13.
Congratulations to Erika Quinteros, winner of last week’s trivia contest. She will be receiving the VIVA eGuide to Peru!
Want a free VIVA eBook of your choice? We’re giving one away to the winner of this week’s VIVA Trivia Contest. The first person to answer these 10 questions correctly is our winner.
1) What is the highest (de facto) capital city in the world?
2) The equator passes through which South American countries?
3) The setting of the novel Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel García Marquez, is widely considered to be based on which city?
4) In which country was this photo taken?
5. Whose famous landing on the Paracas peninsula is marked with a monument?
6. The condor is the national bird of which four countries?
7. The northernmost road crossing of the Argentina-Chile border is at which pass?
8. Changa, often made with chicken, is a popular dish originating in which country?
9. Which South American country inaugurated a former guerrilla as its president in 2011?
10. In which country was this photo taken?
Send your responses in to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9 am EDT on Monday, April 4th. The first person to send in all the correct answers will be our winner. If no one gets all of them right, I will cry a little bit and then declare the person with the most correct answers the winner. VIVA employees, as well as their family members and pets, are ineligible.
On the last Friday of every month, V!VA posts a photograph from a country in Latin America. Your job is to guess what country it’s from. Feel free to be even more specific (city, town, beach, building, plaza, etc.) if you can.
Guess the country by leaving a comment below. Each month, we will randomly choose a winner from those who answer correctly to receive a FREE V!VA eBook chapter from a country of your choosing. The answer will be revealed next week.
Here is the July 2010 Mystery Photo:
Introducing a new addition to the V!VA blog: Mystery Photos.
During the last week of every month, V!VA will post a photograph from a country in Latin America. Your job is to guess what country it’s from. Feel free to be even more specific (which beach, town, city, jungle, region, etc.?).
Guess the country by leaving a comment on the blog post. Each month, we will randomly choose a winner from those who answer correctly to receive a free V!VA eBook chapter from a country of your choosing.
Here is the June 2010 Mystery Photo:
The answer will be revealed on Monday, July 5.